Mission in Action
What does an ‘inclusive home for tech entrepreneurs’ look like? And how is Sheffield Technology Parks helping to drive regional growth?
We strive to put our mission, vision and values into practical action with tangible results. Here are some of the ways that we’re doing it:
Our business incubator provides an opportunity to test an idea and develop it into a viable business or develop an early-stage business in readiness for expansion. We provide:
• Six months’ free co-working space
• Assistance with personal development and business planning
• Access to Growth Advisors and to our Entrepreneurs-in-Residence who offer advice on a range of specialist subjects
• Free events, workshops, and socials
Included in all of this is access to our dedicated Incubator Manager who helps our Cooper entrepreneurs to stay on track and signposts to useful resources and opportunities. We have introduced weekly standups, monthly pitch sessions, female founder support and startup meetings for our entrepreneurs. STP is also extending support to the next generation of entrepreneurs through a college mentoring programme.
Our LOCATE Project helps businesses to de-risk setting up an office in Sheffield, whether relocating or expanding. We tailor support to the individual needs of each business, but the offer typically includes:
• Three months’ complimentary serviced office accommodation at STP
• Up to 24 months’ accommodation on a per-desk rate with no minimum contract period
• Complimentary meeting room hire for interviewing potential staff
• Help finding suitable follow-on premises locally when the time comes
• Access and introductions to our networks in the city and region
We’re doing lots more:
Workspaces in different shapes and sizes including co-working, meeting rooms, labs and workshop spaces
Community building through networking breakfasts, pizza socials, meetups, our occupier portal, and making introductions and growing networks
Co-founder of Sheffield Incubator & Accelerator Network (SIAN), supporting the delivery of a website, newsletter, PR campaign, regular meetings and sub-projects
Supporting external developments including city centre developments, the Regional Innovation Strategy, Sheffield Digital Festival and working with partners like the Sheffield Chamber of Commerce and Sheffield Digital.
You can read more about Sheffield Technology Parks, what we’re doing and why we’re doing it in our recent Overview and Impact Report, download it here.